This frame building was built in 1871, and replaced the Red School. It was located on North Collins Street, approximately where the old "3-story" building was later located, but faced south rather than facing the street to the west. At the far left is visible part of the Union School, across the street. This building burned in 1921.
Site and Photos, unless otherwise noted, are copyright 2007-2014 by Michael Grimm.